When a disaster occurs on primary location, you recover the Nova instances and Cinder volumes in the target disaster recovery site using SRM.
Note: You do not have to recover virtual machine of the Cinder volume in attached status.
- Log in to the Site Recovery manager in the target site.
- Under Replications, select the virtual machine and click RECOVER.
- Under Recover virtual machine, select Recovery options.
- Select Synchronize recent changes.
- Unselect Power on the virtual machine after recovery.
- Click Next.
- In the Folder section, specify a folder for the virtual machine at the recovery site and click Next.
- In the Resource section, specify the resource for the virtual machine at the recovery site and click Next.
Note: The target cluster must have one-to-one mapping with the source compute cluster.
- In the Ready to complete section, review your selected settings and click Finish.
- For Nova instance VM, select the network from the Network adapter 1 tab and select Connect At Power On. For Cinder volume shadow VM, you can skip this step.
- Power on the Nova instance VMs. For Cinder volume shadow VM, leave it as power off.