With NSX-T Data Center networking, you can create a VLAN-based provider network.
- Define a VLAN for the provider network and record its ID.
- To use DHCP with VM form-factor NSX Edge nodes, enable forged transmit and promiscuous mode on the port group containing the edge nodes. For instructions, see Configure the Security Policy for a Distributed Port Group or Distributed Port.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator.
- Select the admin project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select .
- Click Create Network and configure the provider network.
Option Description Name
Enter a name for the network.
Select the desired project from the drop-down menu.
Provider Network Type
Select VLAN from the drop-down menu.
Enter the UUID of the VLAN transport zone.
Enter the VLAN ID defined for the provider network.
- Select Enable Admin State and Create Subnet.
- If you want multiple projects to use the provider network, select Shared.
- Click Next and configure the subnet.
Option Description Subnet Name
Enter a name for the subnet.
Enter the IP address range for the subnet in CIDR format (for example, 192.0.2.0/24).
Select IPv4 or IPv6.
Enter the gateway IP address. If you do not enter a value, the first IP address in the subnet is used. If you do not want a gateway on the subnet, select Disable Gateway.
- (Optional) Configure additional settings for the subnet.
- Under Allocation Pools, enter IP address pools from which to allocate the IP addresses of virtual machines created on the network. Enter pools as two IP addresses separated by a comma (for example, 192.0.2.10,192.0.2.15). If you do not specify any IP address pools, the entire subnet is available for allocation.
- Under DNS Name Servers, enter the IP address of one or more DNS servers to use on the subnet.
- Under Host Routes, enter additional routes to advertise to the hosts on the subnet. Enter routes as the destination IP address in CIDR format and the next hop separated by a comma (for example, 192.0.2.0/24,22.214.171.124).
- Click Create.