You can launch an instance from an image, volume, instance snapshot, or volume snapshot.
- Verify that your OpenStack deployment contains the image, volume, or snapshot from which you want to launch the instance.
- Verify that the flavor and network for the instance have been created.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard.
- Select your project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select Launch Instance. and click
- On the Details page, enter the desired configuration and click Next.
Option Description Instance Name
Enter a name for the instance.
Enter a description of the instance.
Select a Nova availability zone in which to place the instance.
Specify the number of copies of this instance that you want to create.
- On the Source page, select whether you want to boot the instance from an image, instance snapshot, volume, or volume snapshot.
For instances booted from images or instance snapshots, you can choose to use persistent storage by creating a new volume. For instances booted from volumes or volume snapshots, you can choose to delete the specified volume or snapshot when the instance is deleted.
- From the Available table, select the desired object and click Next.
- On the Flavor page, select the desired flavor and click Next.
- On the Networks page, select one or more networks and click Next.
- On the Network Ports page, select one or more ports and click Next.
You must select at least one network or at least one port to launch the instance.
- (Optional) Proceed through the wizard to specify security groups, a key pair, custom configurations, server groups, scheduler hints, and metadata.
- Click Launch Instance.