VMware Integrated OpenStack 7.2 supports and validates disaster recovery procedure. The disaster recovery procedure is validated with vSphere 7.0 u2 and NSX-T 3.1.1, SRM 8.4, and vSphere Replication 8.4.
For data plane disaster recovery, VMware Integrated OpenStack leverages the SRM and the vSphere Replication for protecting Nova instances, Cinder volumes, and leverages NSX-T for protecting Neutron networks.
For management plane disaster recovery, VIO leverages backup or restore procedure for recovering the VIO manager and the controller nodes in the recovery site.
- The admin must manually configure the SRM and the vSphere Replication, and NSX-T for data plane protection and recovery.
- Supports multiple vCenters for management, and multiple vCenters for compute.
- Supports multiple compute clusters under multiple vCenters for compute.
- Supports one to one mapping between source compute clusters and target compute clusters.
- Does not support instances with the SR-IOV and the vGPU devices.
- Does not support Cinder volume with the FCD driver.
- Does not support tenant VDC.
- Does not support OpenStack images.
- Does not support replicating instances with the protection group and the test plan. Otherwise, volume attach and volume detach feature can fail.
- The same HTTPS connection mode (secure or insecure) from VIO to vCenter should be configured to both source and target sites.