You can migrate an image to another datastore while preserving its UUID and metadata.
Determine the UUID of the image that you want to migrate and of the project containing the image. You can use the openstack image list command to display the UUID of each image and the openstack image show command to display the UUID of the project that contains a specified image.
- In the vSphere Client, open the VMs and Templates view and locate the image that you want to migrate.
The image is located in the folder for the project that contains it.
- Right-click the image and select Clone to Template.
- Enter a new name for the image and click Next.
- Select the desired compute resource and click Next.
- Select the desired datastore and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Record the name of the original image as shown in vSphere.
- Delete the original image.
- Rename the cloned image to the name of the original image.