If OpenStack Designate (DNS as a service) is configured for your environment, you can create DNS zones and record sets on demand using the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard.
Verify that your cloud administrator has enabled Designate for your environment. For more information, see Enable the Designate Component.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard.
- Select your project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select Create Zone.
and click If the DNS option does not appear, Designate has not been enabled.
- Specify the parameters for your DNS zone and click Submit.
Option Description Name
Enter your DNS zone. The value must end with a period (.).
Enter details about the zone.
Enter the email address of the zone owner.
TTL Specify the time to live (TTL) in seconds for records in the zone. Type Select whether to create a primary or secondary zone.
- Click Create Record Set.
- Specify the parameters for your record set and click Submit.
Option Description Type Select the type of record set. The following values are supported:
- A (address record)
- AAAA (IPv6 address record)
- CNAME (canonical name record)
- MX (mail exchange record)
- PTR (pointer record)
- SPR (sender policy framework)
- SRV (service locator)
- SSHFP (SSH public key fingerprint)
- TXT (text record)
Name Enter the domain name for the record set. The value must end with a period (.). Description Enter details about the record set. TTL Specify the TTL in seconds for records in the record set. Records Specify one or more records to include in the record set. Click Add Record to add multiple records.You can create one or more record sets for each zone.
What to do next
You can click the name of your zone on the DNS Zones page to view information about it. Click the down arrow next to Create Record Set and select Update or Delete to modify or remove your zone. On the Record Sets tab, you can update or delete the record sets in your zone.