Projects are organizational units in OpenStack. They can contain users, instances, and other objects such as images.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator.
- Select the admin project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select .
- Click Create Project and enter the desired configuration.
Option Description Name
Enter a name for the project.
Enter a description of the project.
Select the checkbox to enable the project.
- (Optional) Open the Project Members tab and add users to the project.
- (Optional) Open the Project Groups tab and add user groups to the project.
- Click Create Project.
The project is created and assigned a UUID.
What to do next
In the Actions column to the right of each project, you can modify project settings, including adding and removing users and groups, modifying project quotas, and changing the name or enabled status of the project.
If you disable a project, it is no longer accessible to its members, but its instances continue to run, and project data is retained. Users that are assigned only to disabled projects cannot log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard.
You can select one or more projects and click Delete Projects to remove them permanently. Deleted projects cannot be restored.