You can edit a lab template while it is in a draft state with VMware Learning Platform Lab Builder.
Once you publish a lab template, you cannot edit it. You can only clone, delete or create a draft to modify the published lab template.
- Select Lab Management to open the Lab Templates page.
- On the Lab Templates page, open the cloud drop-down menu and select the cloud you want to use for the lab template you are building. (Only available if you have more than one cloud).
The first cloud in the drop-down menu is the default.
- Select a lab template and click Actions to open the Edit Lab Template form.
- On the Edit Lab Template form, you can specify a name, a description, add or remove VMs and change the advanced properties for the lab template.
- Click on Properties, here you can you can specify a lab template name, description, and change the advanced properties for the lab template.
- Select a VM, here you can specify a name, a description, you can select the number of CPUs and memory, you can change the Guest OS version, you can also Power on the VMs and access their console and change the Advanced Properties for the VMs.
- Select a VM, under console, you can insert an ISO, power on the VM, access the console, enter text (copy and paste from your terminal into the console, install software and configure the VM, reset the VM and power off the VM), install VMware tools, and go full screen mode.
- Click the Save. tab, to create a Power on and Power off order for your VMs. Make the necessary changes and click
- Click the Networking tab and click Attach Template Network button, to add network information for the VM. Enter the network specifications and click Save. By default, lab_builder_net template is selected.
- Click on Advanced Properties, here you can add more storage and enable the guest customization.
- Once you click Update, Lab Builder will save your changes.
- Click Cancel, to close the editing form and to get back to Lab Builder.
- Click Update and Publish and your lab template will be published and ready to be use.