VMware Learning Platform places users in seating queues.
Seating queues can be used with Trad (traditional) or BYOD (bring your own device) views.
Credits allow users to take labs
A user must have a lab credit to take a lab. At an event, badge-scanning technology creates credits. As well, a tenant admin can add or remove a credit using the Admin UI ().
Use the Accounts column to conduct a search of an account. Enter an account name in the Search box. When the system finds the account, it inserts it into the Accounts column.
- Click to forward a user into the next column (Waiting).
- Click to fast-forward a user directly to the Called column.
The Waiting column lists users waiting to be called to their lab seat.
- Click to forward a user into the next column (Called).
- Timer lists how long user has been waiting.
- Click X to remove a user from the Waiting queue.
The Called column lists users who have been called to their lab seat.
- Timer lists how long it has been since a user was called.
- Click X to remove a user from the Called queue.
The Log column lists the status of users:
- Seated means a user was called and then seated.
- Gave Up means that a student was called but never took a seat.
The Log column includes a Printer icon:
- Click the printer icon next to a user to print a seating ticket for that user.
Note: If the check box at the top is selected, then the system automatically prints a seating ticket as soon as a user moves to the Seated column.