You can choose how to display lab manuals, either docking or floating the manual, or displaying the manual on a second appliance.
Click Manual to display the instructional manual panel.
- The X icon closes the panel.
- The Arrow-on-Screen icon makes the manual panel a floating window. Once you make the panel a floating window, you can click the X to dock the panel on the previous side and close it.
- Clicking the Arrow icon toggles between a left dock or right dock of the manual panel.
- Clicking Table of Contents displays links to each module of the manual. Manuals are typically comprised of modules which you complete sequentially.
- Your lab comprises virtual machines. If your tenant administrator has included a network topology image in your tenant, then your lab console includes a Network Topology option. Clicking Network Topology displays an image that shows the network topology of the virtual machines that are used in your lab.
- Split Screen displays the Use a Second Screen or Device screen that includes links to open the manual in a new window and email a link to open the manual with another device such as an iPad or a second window on your desktop.
Thus, you can go full screen on your console and have the lab’s manual on another desktop screen or on your iPad. VMware Learning Platform keeps the manual steps on the second screen in sync with the main screen. When you change to the next step on one of your screens, it changes on your other screen. In order to get to that second screen, you can email yourself a link, scan a QR code or copy and paste a special key.
- Select some text in the manual.
- Drop the text into the appropriate area on the lab console.
You can copy text from your browser or elsewhere, including a lab manual to the console. To enable this feature, go the gear menu on the white ribbon above the console and select Intercept Paste.