After the reference machine is centralized to a reference CVD on the Mirage server, you can capture a new base layer from that reference CVD. You can capture the base layer from either an existing reference CVD, or a new reference CVD as a new source of layer capture.
When you create a base layer to be used in a Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 migration, make sure the Windows base layer migration requirements are satisfied.
- In the Mirage Management console, select .
- Select the capture type, and an existing CVD or pending device, and click Next.
Use an existing reference CVD
Select to capture a base layer from an existing CVD.
Select the reference CVD from which you want to capture the base layer.
Create a new reference CVD
Select this to create a new source of layer capture.
Select the pending device and the upload policy to use for this reference CVD.
- Select the base layer capture action to perform and click Next.
Create a new layer
Select this option and specify the new base layer details.
Update an existing layer
Select this option and the base layer to update.
- Fix validation problems, click Refresh to make sure they are resolved, and click Next.
- (Optional) If Microsoft Office 2010 or Microsoft 2013 is installed on the reference machine, specify your Microsoft Office 2010 or Microsoft Office 2013 license keys and click Next.
- Click Finish to start the capture process.
- Click Yes to switch to the task list view where you can monitor the progress of the capture task.
When the task is finished, the base layer is moved to the Base Layers list under the Image Composer node and you can apply the capture to endpoints. See Assigning Base Layers.