SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a server-based software system that can generate Mirage reports.
About this task
You install the reporting service on the same machine as the Mirage database and use a Web interface to administer the reporting service.
Verify that you have db_creator privileges on the SQL Server.
Verify that you have dbo permissions on the MirageDB database.
Verify that the relevant software requirements are met. See Software Requirements.
Verify that the relevant operating system requirements are met. See Operating System Requirements.
- Access the SQL server installation center.
- Click the Installation tab and select New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation.
- On the Installation Type page, select an installation type.
Perform a new installation of SQL Server
For the first time you are installing the reporting service.
Add features to an existing instance of SQL Server
For upgrading from a previous installation.
- Select Reporting Services - Native on the Feature Selection page.
- Confirm the disk space requirements on the Disk Space Requirements page.
- Accept the default settings on the Server Configuration page.
- Select install only on the Reporting Services Configuration Mode page.
- Accept the default settings on the Error Reporting page.
What to do next
Configure SSRS for the Mirage Management server.