After the scan, you create an image of the reference machine, after the required applications are installed. The process then detects all changes following the installation and starts the final capture.
All application, update, and configuration changes must be successfully finished, including machine restarts that the application installer requires.
- In a Reference CVD view, select the reference CVD where you installed the applications to be captured.
- Right-click the reference CVD and select Finalize App Layer Capture.
In the Web Management, Finalize App Layer Capture is available on the CVD Inventory toolbar.
- Verify the list of applications to be captured and click Next.
- (Optional) : Select the Show Updates checkbox to display hot fixes for Windows that were installed in the recording phase.
- Select the type of capture and click Next.
Create a new layer
Specify the new app layer details.
Update an existing layer
Select the app layer to update. Selected by default if the installed application upgrade codes indicate the new app layer is an update of an existing App Layer. You can change the selection.
- Follow the prompts to remove validation warnings or errors and click Next.
- If Microsoft Office 2010 or Microsoft Office 2013 is installed, define your Microsoft Office license keys and click Next.
- Click Next again and click Finish to start the capture conclusion processing.
The Mirage client indicates the progress of the post-scan.
The Task list shows that the task is completed. The new app layer appears in the App Layers list.
What to do next
You can now apply the capture to endpoints. See Assigning App Layers.