You can restore the Mirage Management server, without reference to Mirage servers.
About this task
When you need to restore the Mirage Management server, you need to reinstall only the Mirage Management server. For detailed instructions on installing a Mirage Management server, see the VMware Mirage Installation Guide.
Use the same fully-qualified name of the original Mirage Management server so that existing Mirage servers can locate the Management server and connect to it.
Restore all Mirage storage volumes and the database at the same time, even if only a single volume or only the Mirage database needs to be restored.
- Restore the complete server system from a full disk image.
- Start the server in Windows Safe Mode.
- Set the VMware Server Service and VMware Management Service start type to Disabled.
- Start the server normally.
- Run the following command: Wanova.Server.Tools.exe ResetPendingBI .
The ResetPendingBIIcommand stops the CVDs from downloading the pending base layers.
- Set the VMware Server Service and VMware Management Service start type to Automatic.
- Start the VMware server service and VMware management service.