You can import the Microsoft User State Migration Tools (USMT) files that are required for various base layer operations.
About this task
You can import multiple USMT file versions for each operating system that is running in your environment.
Mirage supports USMT 4 and USMT 5 for Windows XP and Windows 7, USMT 6.3 for Windows 8.1, and USMT 10 for Windows 10.
USMT files are used for the following operations:
Migration to Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 from another Windows version.
Cross-hardware Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 migration.
User profile and data-only restore operations for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
To import a USMT library, click the gear icon in the upper-right corner and click USMT. Type the USMT folder path and click the Validate button to verify that you typed a valid folder path. Click OK to complete the import procedure. The USMT folder path must be a valid UNC path. The user that is performing the import procedure must have reader access to this folder.
- Find the USMT folder in the directories installed with the Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) software.
You can download this software free of charge from Microsoft.
- Copy the USMT folder and all subdirectories to your Mirage server.
- Right-click the System Configuration node and click Settings.
- Click the USMT tab.
- Click Import USMT Folder.
- Navigate to the location of the USMT folders and click OK.
After the Mirage Management console imports the USMT file for the specific operating system, a check mark is displayed next to each USMT version.