You can centralize endpoints in the Mirage PowerCLI.
- Run the Connect-MirageServer cmdlet to connect to the Mirage server.
Connect-MirageServer ServerIPAddress Username Password -TrustUnknownCertificate
ServerIPAddress is the IP address of the Mirage server, and Username and Password are the log-in credentials of the privileged user for the Mirage server.
- Select a Mirage policy for the CVD.
- Run the Get-MiragePolicy cmdlet to retrieve the Mirage policies, and note the name of the Mirage policy to assign to the CVD.
- Run the
$policy = Get-MiragePolicy 'PolicyName'| Select-Object -First 1command
policy is the name you select for this variable, and PolicyName is the name of the Mirage policy that you selected for the CVD.
- Select a Mirage volume for the CVD.
- Run the Get-MirageVolume cmdlet to retrieve the Mirage volumes, and note the name of the Mirage volume to assign to the CVD.
- Run the
$volume = Get-MirageVolume 'VolumeName' | Select-Object -First 1command
volume is the name you select for this variable, and VolumeName is the name of the volume that you selected for the CVD.
- Designate one or more pending devices for the CVD.
- Run the Get-MiragePendingDevice cmdlet to retrieve the pending devices, and note the names of the pending devices to assign to the CVD.
- Assign the pending devices to the $device variable.
Assign one pending device to the CVD
$device = Get-MiragePendingDevice | Select-Object -First 1command to retrieve the pending device.
Assign one or more pending device to the CVD
$device = Get-MiragePendingDevice DeviceFilterscommand.
DeviceFilters are the filters for the devices to include in the CVD, to retrieve the pending devices.
- Create a CVD.
Create new CVD using a variable
$cvd = $device | New-MirageCVD -Policy $policy -Volume $volumecommand.
Create new CVD without using a variable
New-MirageCVD -Policy $policy -Volume $volume -Device $devicecommand.
If volume is not specified, the volume for the new CVD is selected automatically.
If you create a CVD using a variable, you can reuse the variable in other Mirage PowerCLI procedures.
The new CVD is created.