Restoring a standalone Mirage server is suitable for small-scale, standalone server setups where the database, storage and Mirage services are all co-hosted on the same server.
About this task
The procedure restores the complete Mirage server system from backup, including OS image, server software, storage and database.
- Restore the complete server system from a full disk image.
- Start the server in Windows Safe Mode.
- Set the VMware Server Service and VMware Management Service start type to Disabled.
- Start the server normally.
- Run the following command: Wanova.Server.Tools.exe ResetPendingBI .
The ResetPendingBIIcommand stops the CVDs from downloading the pending base layers.
- Set the VMware Server Service and VMware Management Service start type to Automatic.
- Start the VMware server service and VMware management service.