- Run the Connect-MirageServer cmdlet to connect to the Mirage server.
Connect-MirageServer ServerIPAddress Username Password -TrustUnknownCertificate
ServerIPAddress is the IP address of the Mirage server, and Username and Password are the log-in credentials of the privileged user for the Mirage server.
- Select a CVD that you want to update the app layers assigned to it.
- Run the Get-MirageCvd cmdlet to retrieve the Mirage CVDs, and note the name of the Mirage CVD for which to assign base layer.
- Run the
$cvd = Get-MirageCVD 'cvdname'| Select-Object -First 1command.
cvd is the name you select for this variable, cvdname is the name of the CVD that you selected.
- Select an app layer for the CVD.
- Run the Get-MirageAppLayer cmdlet to retrieve the Mirage app layers, and note the name of the app layer to assign to the CVD.
- Run the
$applayer = MirageAppLayer 'applayername' | Select-Object -First 1command.
applayer is the name you select for this variable, and applayername is the name of the app layer that you selected for the CVD.
- Update the app layers on the selected CVD.
Download only update app layers on the CVD
$cvd = Set- MirageCvdAppLayer -CVD $cvd -AddLayer $addlayer -RemoveLayer $removelayer -IgnoreWarnings -Force -DownloadOnlycommand.
Full update app layer
$cvd = Set- MirageCvdAppLayer -CVD $cvd -AddLayer $addlayer -RemoveLayer $removelayer -IgnoreWarnings -Forcecommand.
- (Optional) If you selected the download only update option, query and apply the download only app layer assignment.
- Run the Get-MirageAssignment cmdlet to retrieve the download only assignment.
- Run the Apply-MirageAssignment cmdlet to apply the assignment.