There is no disruption of traffic or downtime while changing the licensing tier from the essentials edition to the Enterprise edition. Once the NSX Advanced Load Balancer Controller is in the Enterprise edition, all the features available on the NSX Advanced Load Balancer can be utilized.
Follow the steps mentioned below to set up the Controller in the Enterprise edition.
- Check the available Enterprise Service Units on the Controller. The available Enterprise Service Units must be sufficient to license the existing SEs. Changing from the essentials edition to the Enterprise edition is only allowed if sufficient licenses are available on the Controller.
- Import and upload the NSX Advanced Load Balancer Enterprise license using UI if the Enterprise license is not available on the Controller.
- Change the system mode to Enterprise mode.
[admin:ctrl]: > configure systemconfiguration [admin:ctrl]: systemconfiguration > default_license_tier enterprise overwriting the previous entered value for default_license_tier [admin:ctrl]: systemconfiguration > save
- Once the mode change is successful, the SEs are entitled to the Enterprise Service Units.
- The new system-default objects are created according to the Enterprise edition support. The configurations and features available on the Controller will be as per the Enterprise Edition feature enforcement. All the features on NSX Advanced Load Balancer are available when the NSX Advanced Load Balancer is in the Enterprise edition.