Enable the DHCP service to allow NSX Edge to automatically assign an IP address to a virtual machine from a defined IP pool.
A DHCP IP pool must have been added.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security and then click NSX Edges.
- Double-click an NSX Edge.
- Click the Manage tab and then click the DHCP tab.
- Click Enable.
- Select Enable logging if required and select the log level.
- Click Publish Changes.
VMware strongly recommends creating a firewall rule to prevent malicious users from introducing rogue DHCP servers. To do this, add a firewall rule that allows UDP traffic only on ports 67 and 68 when the traffic is going to or from a valid DHCP server IP address. For details, refer to Working with Firewall Rules.
What to do next
Create an IP pool and bindings.