You can view traffic to or from a virtual machine or a set of virtual machines in your environment.
You can either do a quick query using the default search criteria by clicking Search, or tailor the query according to your requirements.
Guest Introspection must be installed in your environment.
A domain must be registered with NSX Manager. For information on domain registration, see Register a Windows Domain with NSX Manager.
Data collection must be enabled on one or more virtual machines.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security and then Activity Monitoring.
- Click the VM Activity tab.
- Click the link next to Where source. Select the virtual machines for which you want to view outbound traffic. Indicate whether you want to include or exclude the selected virtual machine(s) from the report.
- Click the link next to Where destination. Select the virtual machines for which you want to view inbound traffic. Indicate whether you want to include or exclude the selected virtual machine(s) from the report.
- Click the During period () icon and select the time period for the search.
- Click Search.
Search results filtered by the specified criterion are displayed. Click a row to view detailed information about the user for that row.
You can export a specific record or all records on this page and save them to a directory in a .csv format by clicking the icon on the bottom right side of the page.