You can add a bridge from a logical switch to a distributed virtual port group.
A configured logical switch and a VLAN-backed distributed virtual port group.
The logical switch and the VLAN-backed distributed virtual port group that are to be bridged together must exist on the same Virtual Distributed Switch (VDS).
A DLR Control VM on a hypervisor where the VDS with the logical switch and VLAN-backed distributed virtual port group are instantiated must be deployed in your environment.
You cannot use a universal distributed logical router to configure bridging, and you cannot add a bridge to a universal logical switch.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click .
- Double-click a distributed logical router.
- Click .
- Click Add.
- Enter a name for the bridge.
Caution: Bridge name must not exceed 40 characters. Bridge configuration fails when the name exceeds 40 characters.
- Select the logical switch that you want to create a bridge for.
- Select the distributed virtual port group to which you want to bridge the logical switch.
- Click Publish for the changes to take effect.