A ping test checks whether two hosts in a VXLAN transport network can reach each other.
- In Logical Switches, double-click the logical switch that you want to test for connectivity.
- Click the Monitor tab.
- Click the Ping tab or the Hosts-Ping tab.
- Select the source host machine.
- Select the size of the test packet.
- VXLAN Standard: The standard size is 1550 bytes. This packet size matches the physical infrastructure MTU without fragmentation. This packet size allows NSX to check connectivity and verify that the infrastructure is prepared for VXLAN traffic.
- Minimum: This packet size allows fragmentation. Hence, with the packet size minimized, NSX can check connectivity, but not whether the infrastructure is ready for a larger frame size.
- Select the destination host machine.
- Click Start Test.
The host-to-host ping test results are displayed.