Synchronize firewall configuration synchronizes the Service Composer configuration with the firewall configuration and recreates Service Composer related firewall sections and rules on the firewall side.
Synchronize firewall configuration allows users to re-sync all of the Service composer configuration with firewall configuration. It recreates Service composer related firewall sections and rules on the firewall side. This re-sync is applicable only for firewall and network introspection related policies configurations. This operation creates all the policy sections in order of precedence above the firewall default section.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to .
- Click the Security Policies tab.
- To synchronize the firewall configuration:
- In NSX 6.4.1 and later, next to Sync Status, click Synchronize.
Global synchronization will occur with either distributed firewall or policy security groups. All service composer related firewall sections and rules will synchronize and change to honor the Applied To selection. See Edit Service Composer Firewall Applied To Setting.
- In NSX 6.4.0, next to Global Settings, click .