You can change the HA configuration that you had specified while installing NSX Edge.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click .
- Double-click an NSX Edge.
- Navigate to Edge HA configuration settings.
Version Procedure NSX 6.4.4 and later
- Click .
- Do these steps.
- To edit HA configuration settings, next to High Availability Configuration, click Edit.
- To edit Management HA interface settings for a DLR appliance, next to Management/HA Interface, click Edit.
NSX 6.4.3 and earlier
- Click .
- Do these steps:
- To edit HA configuration settings, go to the HA Configuration pane, and click Change.
- To edit Management HA interface settings for a DLR appliance, go to the HA Interface Configuration pane, and click Change.
- Change the HA configuration settings. See the following tables for a description of all HA configuration options.
Table 1. Common HA Configuration Options Option Description Declare dead time
Enter the period in seconds within which, if the backup appliance does not receive a heartbeat signal from the primary appliance, the primary appliance is considered inactive and the backup appliance takes over. The default interval is 15 seconds.
Logging Enable or disable logging on the appliance. Log Level Select the level of logging information you want to collect for the appliance. Table 2. HA Configuration Options For NSX Edge Services Gateway Appliance Option Description vNIC
Select the internal interface for which you want to configure HA parameters.
If you select ANY for interface but there are no internal interfaces configured, the UI displays an error. Two Edge appliances are created but since there is no internal interface configured, the new NSX Edge remains in standby and HA is disabled. After an internal interface is configured, HA is enabled on the NSX Edge appliance.
Optional: You can enter two management IP addresses in CIDR format to override the local link IP addresses assigned to the HA virtual machines. Ensure that the management IP addresses do not overlap with the IP addresses used for any other interface and do not interfere with traffic routing. Do not use an IP address that exists somewhere else on your network, even if that network is not directly attached to the appliance.
Table 3. HA Configuration Options For DLR Appliance Option Description Connected to
Connect the HA interface to a distributed port group or logical switch. If you are using this interface as an HA interface only, use a logical switch. A /30 subnet is allocated from the link local range 169.254.0.0/16 and is used to provide an IP address for each of the two NSX Edge appliances
IP Address (available in NSX Data Center for vSphere 6.4.3 or earlier)
Optional: To use the HA interface to connect to the NSX Edge, you can specify an additional IP address and prefix for the HA interface.Note: If you configure L2 VPN on this Edge appliance before HA is enabled, you must have at least two internal interfaces set up. If there is a single interface configured on this Edge which is already being used by L2 VPN, HA is disabled on the Edge appliance.
- Click Save or OK.