You must remove all virtual machines from a logical switch before uninstalling it. In a cross-vCenter NSX environment, you must remove all virtual machines from the universal logical switch on all NSX Managers.
You must have been assigned the Enterprise Administrator or NSX Administrator role.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to Home > Networking & Security > Logical Switches.
- Remove all virtual machines from a logical switch.
If you are uninstalling a universal logical switch, you might have virtual machines attached to the universal logical switch on primary and secondary NSX Managers. Repeat these steps for all NSX Managers in your cross-vCenter NSX environment to remove all virtual machines from the universal logical switch.
- Select a logical switch and click the Remove Virtual Machine icon ().
- Move all virtual machines from Available Objects to Selected Objects and click OK.
- With the logical switch selected, click the Delete () icon.
If you are uninstalling a universal logical switch, you must delete it from the primary NSX Manager.