VMware NSX for vSphere 6.4.4 | 13 DEC 2018 | Build 11197766
VMware NSX for vSphere 6.4.3 | 11 SEP 2018 | Build 9927516
VMware NSX for vSphere 6.4.2 | 21 AUG 2018 | Build 9643711
VMware NSX for vSphere 6.4.1 | 24 MAY 2018 | Build 8599035
VMware NSX for vSphere 6.4.0 | 16 JAN 2018 | Build 7564187
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- What's New in the NSX UI Plug-In for vSphere Client
- System Requirements
- Supported Functionality. This table describes functionality that is available for the NSX UI plug-in for vSphere Client.
- Unsupported Functionality. This table describes functionality that is not yet available for the NSX UI plug-in for vSphere Client.
- NSX for vSphere UI Clients
- Related Links
- Known Issues
NSX for vSphere 6.4.4 introduces the following new features:
- The following VMware NSX features are now available through the vSphere Client: Logical Switches, Edge Appliance Management, Edge Services (DHCP, NAT), Edge Certificates, Edge Grouping Objects.
NSX for vSphere 6.4.3 addresses a number of bug fixes.
NSX for vSphere 6.4.2 introduces the following new features:
- The following VMware NSX features are now available through the vSphere Client: TraceFlow, User Domains, Audit Logs, Events & Tasks.
NSX for vSphere 6.4.1 introduces the following new features:
- The following VMware NSX features are now available through the vSphere Client: Installation, Groups and Tags, Firewall, Service Composer, Application Rule Manager, SpoofGuard, IPFIX, Flow Monitoring
NSX for vSphere 6.4.0 introduces the following new features:
- Support for vSphere Client (HTML5): introduces VMware NSX UI Plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
- HTML5 Compatibility with vSphere Web Client (Flash): NSX functionality developed in HTML5 (e.g. Dashboard) remains compatible with both vSphere Client and vSphere Web Client, offering seamless experience for users who are unable to transition immediately to vSphere Client.
This table lists the required software versions to use the VMware NSX for vSphere UI Plug-in for vSphere Client.
Product or Component
|NSX for vSphere||6.4.0|
|vSphere Client (HTML5)||6.5 Update 1|
|vCenter Server||6.5 Update 1|
The following table documents the VMware NSX functionality that is available through the vSphere Client.
|Functional Area||NSX Release||Release Date||Supported Functionality in the vSphere Client|
|Dashboard||6.4.0||Jan 2018||Dashboard > Overview
Dashboard > System Scale
|Upgrade||6.4.0||Jan 2018||All functionality|
|Tools: Packet Capture||6.4.0||Jan 2018||All functionality|
|Tools: Support Bundle||6.4.0||Jan 2018||All functionality|
|Firewall||6.4.1||May 2018||All functionality, including:
|Spoofguard||6.4.1||May 2018||All functionality|
|Groups and Tags||6.4.1||May 2018||All functionality, including:
|Service Composer||6.4.1||May 2018||Security Policy – Guest Introspection Services
Security Policy – Firewall Rules
Security Policy – Network Introspection Services
(*) See Unsupported Functionality section for limitations.
|Tools: IPFIX||6.4.1||May 2018||All functionality|
|Tools: Flow Monitoring||6.4.1||May 2018||
|Tools: Application Rule Manager||6.4.1||May 2018||All functionality|
|Tools: Traceflow||6.4.2||Aug 2018||All functionality|
|System: Users and Domains||6.4.2||Aug 2018||
|System: Events||6.4.2||Aug 2018||
|Logical Switches||6.4.4||Dec 2018||All functionality|
|Cross-VC NSX||6.4.4||Dec 2018||Universal Logical Switch
(*) See Unsupported Functionality section for limitations
|NSX Edges||6.4.4||Dec 2018||
Edge – Appliance Management, HA and DNS Configuration
The following table documents the VMware NSX functionality that is unavailable through the vSphere Client. Please continue to use vSphere Web Client to access this functionality.
|Functional Area||Unsupported Functionality in the vSphere Client|
|Service Definitions||All functionality, including:
Guest Introspection Services
Network Introspection Services
|NSX Edges||Edge – Routing
Edge – Bridging
Edge – Firewall
Edge – Load Balancer
Edge – VPN
|Service Composer||Service Composer Canvas|
|Tools: Endpoint Monitoring||All functionality|
|Tools: Flow Monitoring||
Flow Monitoring Dashboard
|System: Users and Domains||Users|
|System: Events||SNMP Events
NSX Ticket Logger
|Cross-VC NSX||Universal Logical Router|
|NSX Home||Getting Started
Customer Experience Improvement Program
NSX for vSphere can be accessed through the following UI clients:
- VMware vSphere Web Client - Adobe Flex (https://FQDN-or-IP-Address-of-VC/vsphere-client)
- VMware vSphere Client - HTML5 (https://FQDN-or-IP-Address-of-VC/UI)
- VMware NSX Manager Appliance - HTML5 (https://FQDN-or-IP-Address-of-NSX)
For known issues, see the NSX for vSphere release notes for your version of NSX:
- Known Issues with Dark Theme introduced in vCenter Server 6.7 Update 1
- vCenter Server 6.7 Update 1 introduced the ability to change color schemes in the vSphere Client to display the interface in a dark theme. Dark theme is not supported for VMware NSX functionality.
- NSX for vSphere 6.4.4 release notes
- NSX for vSphere 6.4.3 release notes
- NSX for vSphere 6.4.2 release notes
- NSX for vSphere 6.4.1 release notes
- NSX for vSphere 6.4.0 release notes
- Software Requirements for vSphere Client 6.5 and 6.7: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/rn/vsphere-client-65-html5-functionality-support.html
- vSphere Client (HTML5) and vSphere Web Client 6.5 FAQ (2147929): https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2147929