Use the following checklist to track your NSX Intelligence installation progress.
Perform the procedures in the order they are listed.
- Install NSX-T Data Center 2.5 or later on an ESXi-based host. VMware NSX® Intelligence™ is supported on ESXi-based hosts only. See "NSX-T Data Center Installation Workflows" in the NSX-T Data Center Installation Guide.
- Verify that the NSX-T Data Center version is compatible with the NSX Intelligence version that you intend to install. See VMware Product Interoperability Matrices at https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/sim/interop_matrix.php#interop&555=&175=.
- Ensure the NSX Intelligence system requirements are met. See NSX Intelligence System Requirements.
- Configure the necessary ports and protocols required for NSX Intelligence. See TCP and UDP Ports Used by NSX Intelligence.
- Synchronize time on the NSX Manager VM and the compute cluster on which the NSX Intelligence appliance is to be deployed.
- Download the NSX Intelligence installer TAR file to a local web server. This TAR file contains the NSX Intelligence OVF file that you use to install the NSX Intelligence appliance. See Download and Unpack the NSX Intelligence Installer Bundle.
- Install the NSX Intelligence appliance. See Install the NSX Intelligence Appliance.
- To enable the NSX Intelligence user interface (UI) in the NSX Manager UI, refresh the web browser you are using for the NSX Manager session.
- Begin using the NSX Intelligence features. See "Getting Started with NSX Intelligence" in Using VMware NSX Intelligence.