Use the following checklist to track your NSX Intelligence installation progress.
Perform the procedures in the order they are listed.
- Install NSX-T Data Center 2.5 or later on an ESXi-based host. VMware NSX® Intelligence™ is supported on ESXi-based hosts only. See "NSX-T Data Center Installation Workflows" in the NSX-T Data Center Installation Guide.
- Verify the compatibility of the NSX-T Data Center version that you plan to use with the NSX Intelligence version that you intend to install. See the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices page at https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/sim/interop_matrix.php#interop&555=&175=.
- Ensure the NSX Intelligence system requirements are met. See NSX Intelligence System Requirements.
- Configure the necessary ports and protocols required for NSX Intelligence. See VMware Ports and Protocols at https://ports.vmware.com/home/NSX-Intelligence.
- Synchronize time on the NSX Manager VM and the compute cluster on which the NSX Intelligence appliance is to be deployed.
- Download the NSX Intelligence installer OVA file. See Download the NSX Intelligence Installer Bundle for more details.
- Install the NSX Intelligence appliance. See Install the NSX Intelligence Appliance.
Important: If you are installing NSX Intelligence 1.1 or later using NSX-T Data Center 2.5.x, you must use the OVF file to complete the installation. Unpack the OVA file using the appropriate unpacking tool described in step 3 of Download and Unpack the NSX Intelligence Installer Bundle and determine the path to the extracted OVF file. To complete the installation of the NSX Intelligence 1.1 or later appliance using NSX-T Data Center 2.5.x, see Install the NSX Intelligence Appliance provided in the 1.0.x release.
- To enable the NSX Intelligence user interface (UI) in the NSX Manager UI, refresh the web browser you are using for the NSX Manager session.
- Begin using the NSX Intelligence features. See "Getting Started with NSX Intelligence" in the Using VMware NSX Intelligence documentation.