A communication profile is a reusable entity that specifies the action to be performed on specified services. It can be referenced by communication entries from different domains.
Examples of a service are FTP, HTTP, AD Server, DHCP Server, Oracle Database, and so on. You can allow, drop, or reject traffic to services that you specify.
- From your browser, log in to the NSX Policy Manager at https://nsx-policy-manager-IP-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Click Add.
- Specify a name for the profile.
- Click Add to add a profile entry.
- Specify a name for the profile entry.
- Click the Services field to select one or more services, for example, HTTP, Oracle Database, and so on.
- Click the Action field to select an action.
The available actions are Allow, Drop, and Reject.
You can add additional entries, click Delete to delete entries, or click Action to change the order of the entries.
- Click Save.