For any traffic attempting to pass through the endpoints, the packet information is subjected to the rules. Within a section, rules are processed in sequential order, starting from the top of the list and proceeding to the bottom. The first rule in the list has the highest priority.
By changing its order in the list, you change its priority. In some cases, the order of precedence of two or more rules might be important in determining the traffic flow. For example, suppose you wanted to encrypt and authenticate FTP traffic between security groups A and B, and authenticate only for all other traffic between security groups A and B. The FTP rule (with the encrypt and check integrity action) should precede the rule that handles all other traffic (check integrity action). Otherwise, FTP traffic would be subjected only to the check integrity action.
- From your browser, log in to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select Encryption from the navigation panel.
- Click the Rules tab if it is not already selected.
- Select the rule.
- Click Move Up or Move Down on the menu bar or click the menu icon in the first column and select Move Up or Move Down.
- Click Save.
- Click Save again to confirm.