You can add a loopback port to a tier-0 logical router.
The loopback port can be used for the following purposes:
- Router ID for routing protocols
- Source address for routing protocols
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Select the tier-0 logical router.
- Click Add.
- Enter a name and optionally a description.
- Select the Loopback type.
- Select an edge transport node.
- Enter an IP address in CIDR format.
A new port is added for the tier-0 router.