Schedule frequent backups so you can restore an inoperable NSX Manager and its configuration data. Automated backups are disabled by default. You can schedule automated backups to occur on specific days of the week or at a specified interval. Scheduled backups are highly recommended.
- Determine an appropriate backup location. Select a location that provides protection against single points of failure. For example, do not place the backups on the same file store as the appliances. A failure on that file store could affect both the appliances and their backups.
- Find the ssh fingerprint of the server that stores the backups. See Find the SSH Fingerprint of a Remote Server. The backup and restore API requests require that the SSH fingerprint does not contain colons.
- From a browser, log in to the NSX Manager as an administrator at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
- Click System > Utilities > Backup.
- Click Edit in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click File Server and then verify that Automatic Backup is enabled.
- Click Schedule at the top of the page.
- For the Node/Cluster Backup, click Weekly and then set the day(s) and time of the backup to the SFTP server, or click Interval and then set a backup time.
- Inventory backups are set to occur every 5 minutes by default and should occur frequently. Accept or change the default setting as necessary.
- Click Save.
- /<user specified directory>/cluster-node-backups (cluster and node backups)
- /<user specified directory>/inventory-summary (inventory backups)