You can restore the NSX Policy Manager to a state in the past from a backup.
Verify that you have the SSH fingerprint of the backup file server. Only an SHA256 hashed ECDSA key is accepted as a fingerprint. See Find the SSH Fingerprint of a Remote Server.
- From your browser, log in to the NSX Policy Manager at https://nsx-policy-manager-IP-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Click Restore Now.
- Acknowledge the message about the prerequisites and the risks and click Next.
- Enter the IP address or host name of the backup server.
- Change the port number if required.
The default is 22.
- Enter the user name and password to log in to the server.
- In the Backup Directory field, enter the absolute directory path where the backup is stored.
- Enter the passphrase that was used to encrypt the backup data.
- Enter the SSH fingerprint of the backup server.
- Click Next.
- Select a backup.
- Click Restore.
The status of the restore operation is displayed. If you have deleted or added fabric nodes or transport nodes since the backup, you will be prompted to take certain actions, for example, log in to a node and run a script.
After the restore operation is completed, the Restore Complete screen is displayed, showing the result of the restore, the timestamp of the backup file, and the start and end time of the restore operation. If the restore fails, the screen will display the step where the failure occurred. To try the restore operation again, you must use a new Policy Manager appliance and not the one where the failure occurred.