BFD (Bidirectional Forwarding Detection) is a protocol that can detect forwarding path failures.
In this release, BFD over Virtual Tunnel Interface (VTI) ports is not supported.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Select the tier-0 logical router.
- Click the Routing tab and select BFD from the drop-down menu.
- Click Edit to configure BFD.
- Click the Status toggle button to enable BFD.
You can optionally change the global BFD properties Receive interval, Transmit interval, and Declare dead interval.
- (Optional) Click Add under BFD Peers for Static Route Next Hops to add a BFD peer.
Specify the peer IP address and set the admin status to Enabled. Optionally, you can override the global BFD properties Receive interval, Transmit interval, and Declare dead interval.