Before restoring an NSX Manager backup, you must install a new NSX Manager appliance. The new NSX Manager must be deployed with the same management IP address as the previous NSX Manager.
Note: Restoring a backup on the same NSX Manager appliance where the backup was taken is not supported.
- Verify that you know the version of the NSX Manager used to create the backups, and have an appropriate installation file (OVA, OVF, or QCOW2) of the same version available.
- Verify that you know the IP address that was assigned to the NSX Manager used to create the node backup.
- Verify that no one will attempt to make configuration changes to the NSX Manager until the restore process is completed.
- If the old NSX Manager appliance is still running (for example, if you are restoring to roll back an upgrade attempt), shut it down.
- Install a new NSX Manager appliance.
See the NSX-T Data Center Installation Guide for information and instructions about these steps.
- The version of the new NSX Manager appliance must be the same as the version of the appliance used to create the backups.
- You must configure this appliance with the IP address that corresponds to the manager backup.
What to do next
Restore the backup.