When you add a DHCP relay service to a logical router port, VMs on the logical switch that is attached to that port can communicate with the DHCP servers that are configured in the relay service.
- Verify you have a configured DHCP relay service. See GUID-2505EDA1-769C-46A5-A206-38EF9B760C9A.html#GUID-2505EDA1-769C-46A5-A206-38EF9B760C9A.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Select the router that is connected to the desired logical switch and click the Configuration tab.
- Select the router port that connects to the desired logical switch and click Edit.
- Select a DHCP relay service from the DHCP Service drop-down list and click Save.
The logical router port displays the DHCP relay service in the DHCP Service column.
You can also select a DHCP relay service when you add a new logical router port.