A service is a protocol or software component in your environment. A policy contains rules that apply to services.
Examples of a service are FTP. HTTP, AD Server, DHCP Server, Oracle Database, and so on.
- From your browser, log in to the NSX Policy Manager at https://nsx-policy-manager-IP-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Click Add New Service.
- Enter a name for the service.
- Click Set Service Entries to add service entries.
You can add additional entries, edit or delete entries.
- Click Add New Service Entry.
- Select a service type.
The available types are IP, IGMP, ICMP, ALG, TCP, and UDP.
- Click the Additional Properties dropdown list to select a property.
- Click Save.