When you enable route redistribution, the tier-0 logical router starts sharing specified routes with its northbound router.
Verify that the tier-0 and tier-1 logical routers are connected so that you can advertise the tier-1 logical router networks to redistribute them on the tier-0 logical router. See Attach Tier-0 and Tier-1.
If you want to filter specific IP addresses from route redistribution, verify that route maps are configured. See Create a Route Map.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Select the tier-0 logical router.
- Click the Routing tab and select Route Redistribution from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add to complete the route redistribution criteria.
Name and Description
Assign a name to the route redistribution. You can optionally provide a description.
An example name, advertise-to-bgp-neighbor.
Select the source route check boxes you want to redistribute.
Static - Tier-0 static routes.
NSX Connected - Tier-1 connected routes.
NSX Static - Tier-1 static routes. These static routes are created automatically.
Tier-0 NAT - Routes generated if NAT is configured on the tier-0 logical router.
Tier-1 NAT - Routes generated if NAT is configured on the tier-1 logical router.
(Optional) Assign a route map to filter a sequence of IP addresses from route redistribution.
- Click Save.
- Click the Status toggle button to enable route redistribution.
The Status button appears as Enabled.