You can monitor the logical port activity for example, to troubleshoot network congestion and packets being dropped
Verify that a logical switch port is configured. See Connecting a VM to a Logical Switch.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Click the Ports tab.
- Click the name of a port.
- Click the Monitor tab.
The port status and statistics are displayed.
- To download a CSV file of the MAC addresses that has been learned by the host, click Download MAC Table.
- To monitor activity on the port, click Begin Tracking.
A port tracking page opens. You can view the bidirectional port traffic and identify dropped packets. The port tracker page also lists the switching profiles attached to the logical switch port.