You can configure IPFIX profiles for firewalls.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Click the Firewall IPFIX Profiles tab.
- Click Add to add a profile.
Setting Description Name and Description Enter a name and optionally a description. Collector Configuration Select a collector from the drop-down list. Active Flow Export Timeout (Minutes) The length of time after which a flow will time out, even if more packets associated with the flow are received. Default is 1. Priority This parameter resolves conflicts when multiple profiles apply. The IPFIX exporter will use the profile with the highest priority only. A lower value means a higher priority. Observation Domain ID This parameter identifies which observation domain the network flows originate from. The default is 0 and indicates no specific observation domain.
- Click Applied To to apply the profile to one or more objects.
The types of object are logical ports, logical switches, and NSGroups. If you select an NSGroup, it must contain one or more logical switches or logical ports. If the NSGroup contains only IP sets or MAC sets, it will be ignored.
- Click Save.