You can back up the NSX Policy Manager to safeguard the data that the Policy Manager stores. Before you can do a backup, you must configure the backup properties.
Verify that you have the SSH fingerprint of the backup file server. Only an SHA256 hashed ECDSA key is accepted as a fingerprint. See Find the SSH Fingerprint of a Remote Server.
- From your browser, log in to the NSX Policy Manager at https://nsx-policy-manager-IP-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Click Configure.
- Click the Automatic Backup toggle to enable or disable automatic backups.
- Enter the IP address or host name of the backup file server.
- Edit the default port if required.
- Enter the username and password required to log in to the backup file server.
- In the Destination Directory field, enter the absolute directory path where the backups will be stored.
The directory must already exist.
- Enter the passphrase used to encrypt the backup data.
You will need this passphrase to restore a backup. If you forget the backup passphrase, you cannot restore any backups.
- Enter the SSH fingerprint of the server that stores the backups. See Find the SSH Fingerprint of a Remote Server.
- Click the Schedule tab.
- Select the frequency.
If you select Weekly, specify the day of the week and time. If you select Interval, specify the interval.
- Click Save.