When you install or upgrade NSX Manager, you can decide to join the CEIP and configure data collection settings.
You can also edit the existing CEIP configuration to join or leave the program, define the frequency and the days the information is collected, and proxy server configuration.
- Verify that the NSX Manager is connected and can synchronize with your hypervisor.
- Verify that NSX-T Data Center is connected to a public network for uploading data.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select .
- Click Edit in the Status and Statistics section.
- Toggle the Data Collection menu item.
- Click Edit in the Customer Experience Improvement Program section.
- Toggle the Join the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program menu item.
- (Optional) Configure the data collection and upload recurrence settings.
- (Optional) Click the Proxy tab.
- Toggle the Proxy menu item to configure proxy server settings to send data.
Option Description Host Name Enter the proxy server FQDN or IP address. Port Enter the proxy server port. Username (Optional) Enter the user name used to authenticate with the proxy server. Password (Optional) Enter the password used to authenticate with the proxy server. Scheme Set either the HTTP or HTTPS scheme accepted by the proxy server from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.