After you register a service, you must deploy an instance of the service for the service to start processing network traffic.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select Partner Services from the navigation panel.
- Click Deploy.
- Enter an instance name and optionally a description.
- Click the Partner Service field and select a service.
- Select a Deployment Specification.
- Select a logical router.
Only routers that do not have service insertion configured will be displayed.
- Click Next.
- Click the Compute Manager field and select a compute manager.
- Click the Cluster field and select a cluster.
- (Optional) Click the Resource Pool field and select a resource pool if it has been configured in vCenter Server.
- Click the Datastore field and select a datastore.
- Select a Deployment Mode.
The choices are Standalone or High Availability.
- Select a Failure Policy.
The choices are Allow or Block.
- Enter the IP address of the VM.
- Enter the default gateway for the VM's IP address.
- Enter the subnet mask for the VM's IP address.
- Click Next.
- Select a Deployment Template.
- Enter a license for the partner service.
- click Finish.
What to do next
Configure traffic redirection for the service instance. See Configure Traffic Redirection.