After you register a service, you must deploy an instance of the service for the service to start processing network traffic.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select Partner Services from the navigation panel.
- Click Deploy.
- Enter an instance name and optionally a description.
- Click the Partner Service field and select a service.
- Select a Deployment Specification.
- Select a logical router.
Only routers that do not have service insertion configured will be displayed.
- Click Next.
- Click the Compute Manager field and select a compute manager.
- Click the Cluster field and select a cluster.
- (Optional) Click the Resource Pool field and select a resource pool if it has been configured in vCenter Server.
- Click the Datastore field and select a datastore.
- Select a Deployment Mode.
The choices are Standalone or High Availability.
- Select a Failure Policy.
The choices are Allow or Block.
- Enter the IP address of the VM.
- Enter the default gateway for the VM's IP address.
- Enter the subnet mask for the VM's IP address.
- Click Next.
- Select a Deployment Template.
- Enter a license for the partner service.
- click Finish.
The deployment process might take some time, depending on the vendor's implementation. You can view the status in the manager UI. The status will be Deployment Successful when deployment succeeds.
What to do next
Configure traffic redirection for the service instance. See Configure Traffic Redirection.