When you add a compute manager, NSX Manager adds its identity as an extension in vCenter Server. If you do not want to register this vCenter Server to any NSX-T Data Center installation, you can remove the extension through the vCenter Server's Managed Object Browser (MOB).
- Log in to vSphere web client as an administrator.
- Select the ESXi host.
- Click the tab.
- Select Advanced System Settings from the menu.
- Enable the Config.HostAgent.plugins.solo.enableMob option.
- Login to the MOB.
- Click the content link, which is the value for the content property in the Properties table.
- Click the ExtensionManager link, which is the value for extensionManager property in the Properties table.
- Click the UnregisterExtension link in the Methods table.
- Enter com.vmware.nsx.management.nsxt in the value text field.
- Click the Invoke Method link on the right hand side of the page below the Parameters table.
The method result says void but the extension will be removed.
- To make sure the extension is removed, click the FindExtension method in the previous page and invoke it by entering the same value for the extension.
The result should be void.