Before you enable ECMP, you must configure an uplink to connect the tier-0 logical router to the VLAN logical switch.
- Verify that a transport zone and two transport nodes are configured. See the NSX-T Data Center Installation Guide.
- Verify that two Edge nodes and an Edge cluster are configured. See the NSX-T Data Center Installation Guide.
- Verify that a VLAN logical switch for uplink is available. See Create a VLAN Logical Switch for the NSX Edge Uplink.
- Verify that a tier-0 logical router is configured. See Create a Tier-0 Logical Router.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Select the tier-0 logical router.
- Click the Configuration tab to add a router port.
- Click Add.
- Complete the router port details.
Option Description Name Assign a name for the router port. Description Provide additional description that shows that the port is for ECMP configuration. Type Accept the default type Uplink. Transport Node Assign the host transport node from the drop-down menu. Logical Switch Assign the VLAN logical switch from the drop-down menu. Logical Switch Port
Assign a new switch port name.
You can also use an existing switch port.
IP Address/Mask Enter an IP address that is in the same subnet as the connected port on the ToR switch.
- Click Save.
A new uplink port is added to the tier-0 router and the VLAN logical switch. The tier-0 logical router is configured on both of the edge nodes.
What to do next
Create a BGP connection for the second neighbor and enable the ECMP routing. See Add a Second BGP Neighbor and Enable ECMP Routing.