If you want to delete an overlay but keep your transport nodes in place, follow these steps.
- Log in to the vSphere Client.
- In your VM management tool, detach all VMs from any logical switches and connect the VMs to non NSX-T Data Center networks.
- For KVM hosts, SSH to the hosts and power off the VMs.
shutdown -h now
- In the NSX Manager UI or API, delete all logical routers.
- In the NSX Manager UI or API, delete all logical switch ports and then all logical switches.
- In the NSX Manager UI or API, delete all NSX Edges and then all NSX Edge clusters.
- Configure a new NSX-T Data Center overlay, as needed.