The upgrade sequence upgrades the Management plane at the end.
Do not make any configuration changes when the Management plane is being upgraded.
The NSX Manager user interface is accessible for one to two minutes after you initiate the upgrade. Then the NSX Manager user interface, API, and CLI are not accessible about 10 minutes until the upgrade finishes and the Management plane is restarted.
After you upgrade the Management plane, you can join the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) for NSX-T Data Center. See Customer Experience Improvement Program in the NSX-T Data Center Administration Guide for more information, including how to join or leave the program.
Verify that the NSX Controller cluster is upgraded successfully. See Upgrade NSX Controller Cluster.
- Click Start to upgrade the Management plane.
- Accept the upgrade notification.
You can safely ignore any upgrade related errors such as, HTTP service disruption that appears at this time. These errors appear because the Management plane is rebooting during the upgrading.
Wait about 10 minutes until the reboot finishes and the services are reestablished.
- (Optional) In the CLI, log in to the NSX Manager to verify that the services have started.
When the services start, the Service state appears as running. Some of the services include, SSH, install-upgrade, and manager.
- In the web browser, click Reload to refresh the browser.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
The EULA appears.
- Scroll to the bottom of the EULA and accept the EULA terms.
- Select whether to join the VMware's Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP).
- Click Save
- (Optional) Click the Help icon in the top right corner.
- (Optional) Select About to verify that the product version is updated.