The upgrade coordinator runs in the NSX Manager. It is a self-contained Web application that orchestrates the upgrade process of hosts, NSX Edge cluster, NSX Controller cluster, and Management plane.
The upgrade coordinator guides you through the proper upgrade sequence. You can track the upgrade process in real time and if required you can pause and resume the upgrade process from the user interface.
The upgrade coordinator allows you to upgrade groups in a serial or parallel order. It also provides the option of upgrading the upgrade units within that group in the serial or parallel order.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
from the navigation panel.
If the upgrade coordinator is not running, you receive a notification to enable the upgrade coordinator.
- Enable the upgrade coordinator.
- Log in to the NSX Manager node using nsx-cli.
- Check whether the upgrade coordinator is enabled and running.
get service install-upgrade
- Start the install-upgrade service if the service is disabled.
set service install-upgrade enabled
The upgrade coordinator is ready to be upgraded. See Upgrade the Upgrade Coordinator.