You can collect support bundles on registered cluster and fabric nodes and download the bundles to your machine or upload them to a file server.
If you choose to download the bundles to your machine, you get a single archive file consisting of a manifest file and support bundles for each node. If you choose to upload the bundles to a file server, the manifest file and the individual bundles are uploaded to the file server separately.
If you want to collect the support bundle for CSM, log in to CSM, go to and click on Download. The support bundle for PCG is available from NSX Manager using the following instructions. The support bundle for PCG also contains logs for all the workload VMs.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Click the Support Bundle tab.
- Select the target nodes.
The available types of nodes are Management Nodes, Controller Nodes, Edges, Hosts, and Public Cloud Gateways.
- (Optional) Specify log age in days to exclude logs that are older than the specified number of days.
- (Optional) Toggle the switch that indicates whether to include or exclude core files and audit logs.
Core files and audit logs might contain sensitive information such as passwords or encryption keys.
- (Optional) Select a check box to upload the bundles to a file server.
- Click Start Bundle Collection to start collecting support bundles.
Depending on how many log files exist, each node might take several minutes.
- Monitor the status of the collection process.
The status field shows the percentage of nodes that completed support bundle collection.
- Click Download to download the bundle if the option to send the bundle to a file server was not set.